Hey Chica! I am so happy to meet you
My name is Jersey Garcia. I help women of the African Diaspora and of Latinx descent to traverse the human experience from a place of honesty, happiness, connectedness, and safety. I am fluent in English and Spanish (HABLO ESPAÑOL) and am a LGTBQI affirming therapist. My 17+ years of experience in the area of wellness, mental, emotional, and public health, has led me to work with diverse populations in the United States, Latin America and the Caribbean.
I specialize in —
- Relationship Issues
- Guilt, Anger, Sadness connected to your relationships
- Difficulties with Communication
- Contemplating Divorce
- Women issues
Those I serve are often experiencing one or more of the following:
- Distress upon learning about an extramarital affair
- Depression and loneliness, stress and anxiety, heartbreak, hopelessness regarding a failing relationship or relationships
- A lack of emotional or physical intimacy from a partner or spouse
- Constant arguments with a partner or close family member
- A sense of “walking on eggshells” in their own home
- Feeling unable to function healthily or coherently due to overpowering emotions from relationship loss like a recent break up, divorce, or separation
- An overpowering sense of guilt, embarrassment or disappointment when thinking about their desires to get a divorce
Trying to manage so much pain on one’s own can become unbearable and may affect one’s wellbeing…
…but change is possible; in fact, it is necessary.
I support my clients in rebuilding their power and sense of self by helping them to gain manageable control over, and understanding of, their emotions, reactions, and mindset. They become happier, emotionally stronger—they feel lighter.
I use well-proven therapeutic practices, including cognitive behavioral therapy, solution focused based therapy, the emotional freedom technique (EFT)/tapping, mindfulness approaches, Family Systems interventions, and the Gottman Method.
The great Rumi said, “Live life as if everything is rigged in your favor.” Get ready to live fully again; to find balance, peace of mind, and ease in your relationship with yourself and those you love.
Contact me to schedule your free 10-minute consultation to determine if I am a good fit for your needs. I look forward to meeting you soon!